1. I seriously started singing I Think I Love You after I wolfed down this scrumptious Girl Scouts Samoa flavored Nestle Crunch bar. Not sure if I should be proud of that moment, but it was sooo good! If you’re a chocolate lover like me, it’s a must try ❤ ❤ ❤
2. I think I’m feeling a little old because half of these 33 Cool Abbreviations I didin’t know, lol! So JIC you missed it, FUTAB and check to see if there are any new ones YSK about! LMK what you think 😎
3. If you can overlook the blatant product placement for Samsung, Janelle Monáe’s video for her song Electric Lady will have you dancing in your chair or up out of it in no time ⭐
Wow, there is so much I want to share to help you catch up with this weekend! So grab your favorite mug, pour something caffeinated, and get really comfortable because it might take a while to get through this list 🙂
1. Okay, so first off did you hear about the $50 Christian Louboutin nail polish? I really didn’t know how to feel about it at first because I looovee painting my nails and splurging every now and then on something luxurious. I mean my heart says “how early does Sephora open on August 6th cause I’m so there!” while my head says, “ummm…$50? Really!? on nail polish!?” So I guess I’m standing at a crossroads right now, lol. How do you feel about it?
2. While we are on the subject of sweet excess! There is this woman from Texas who built a 3 story closet that would make Carrie Bradshaw turn green with envy! But take heart, it’s for a good cause!
3. In case you’ve been living under a rock, the moment has finally arrived for all of us Fifty Shades of Grey lovers-the trailer is finally here, hehehe
4. And if that was not enough for you, let me give you a reason to never cut your hair again. Here is Parks & Recreation’s Chris Pratt braiding a girls hair. We can all go to bed happy tonight knowing that there’s still men like him that exist in the world 😉
5. Men trying on makeup for the first time made me smile, laugh, & put on my feminist hat. Best line of the video is “there is like $6,000 worth of makeup here, and it’s like a cost that I never have to have.” That’s right and we do it all in the name of feeling beautiful. Why can’t we simply be like men and just wash our face and go and still be considered beautiful??
6. Forget the Kim Kardashian phone app, Quizup is my new favorite game that I like to play against the hubby or any person across the world!
This Weekend’s Binge includes…Comedy, Inspiration, A Classic, & Eye Candy.
Hang on for this emotional roller coaster ride that will leave you thinking, “I’m I going through early Menopause?”
Get up & just be You!
Let’s start with a little inspirational pick-me-up courtesy of singer Colbie Caillat’s new song & video for Try. Not only are her lyrics for this song inspirational, but her video will cause you to take off your makeup and affirm in the mirror, “I don’t have to try so hard!”
“You don’t have to try so hard
You don’t have to, give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don’t have to change a single thing”
(Caution: watching this movie might cause you to wake up feeling confused & singing the Theme Song from Valley of the Dolls, or make you feel like Helen Larson singing I’ll Plant My Own Tree, Lol)
Now Moving on to a Classic…I had not watched the cult classic movie Valley of the Dolls. Luckily for me, Netflix has it currently streaming so I was able to catch-up. It’s a good watch alone to gain some fashion inspiration; however, I forgot that it’s set in the 60’s so some of the messages for woman are not all that empowering. It’s over arching message of “don’t do drugs” or “don’t leave home to try to find yourself because you’ll be running on empty” didn’t sit too well with me, but I had to remind myself that we have come a long way from that. I have heard that the book is much better than the movie, but not sure if I should go ahead and read it yet. Recommendations anyone?
Laugh it Off…
I know this might sound cheesy, but I loved watching Weird Al Yankovic’s comical spin on popular songs, so of course, I was happy to see him redo Pharrell’s Happy into Tacky with the help of some great comedians like Margret Cho, Jack Black, and Eric Stonestreet. It will happily have you singing Tacky in no time!
Via: The Nerdist
Have Some Candy
There is nothing like ending your binge with something sweet, so if you’re in the mood for something savory, and are a fan of Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam this one’s for you! Check out his ad that might make you spritz some Eternity and have you wearing Calvins in no time…
What are you Binging on?