This week was pretty low-key, I was mostly trying to stay cool and indoors due to the 100° weather that we have been having in the High Desert. What was Stalkworthy was being able to relax, try some products that I have been meaning to give a go, and try a new recipe.
1. One thing I really enjoy during the summer are coconuts! I love drinking the water, and then chopping it up into little pieces squeezing some lemon juice on-top and adding a dash of salt (Yum!). It feels so refreshing! Next time you go to your local Farmer’s Market, you must try…
2. The other day I was cleaning out my kitchen cabinets and low and behold I found the Avon Microwave Rice Cooker that my aunt had recommended for me to buy. I thought it was as good a time as ever to test it out and see if it actually works. I rinsed two cups of rice, added 3 cups of water as directed, seasoned it with Knorr, added some chopped up tomatoes & onions, covered it with the lid, popped in the micro for about 14 minutes, and presto! It was like magic! It worked! Not only did it work, but the rice tasted good too! That’s why this item is Stalkworthy. I’m obsessed! I may never use a regular rice cooker again, lol! Best part it was only $10.
3. If you love Spaghetti like I do, you are going to looooovvveee this easy to make recipe I found at Made From Pinterest! It’s called Million Dollar Spaghetti, and they aren’t lying. It’s so creamy and delicious that trust me one serving (possibly two) won’t be enough! The hubby took a pic of our finished product-doesn’t it look soo good!
Recipe Via: Made From Pinterest
4. I had been meaning to test out some of Jessica Alba’s The Honest Co. organic products. Luckily, some of the items are available at Target, so I finally got the chance to get my hands on the Honest Face + Body Lotion before committing to a bundle subscription. The lotion is vegan with a combination of ingredients such as Shea, Jojoba, Calendula, Chamomilla, Safflower, and Aloe. It didn’t leave my skin greasy which was great, and it had a light feel to it. It has a touch of a soft scent that doesn’t linger, and it leaves your skin moisturized. It passed my 2hr scratch test, lol which means it really does work on hydrating your skin. I was pretty impressed, so now the next item on my list to try is the Honest Organic Healing Balm!
5. Last thing that I’m obsessing over this past week is the Marc Anthony True Professional Dream Waves Beach Spray just so I can get the Summer beach wavy tousled hair without having to make a trip to the beach! All I do is spray it in sections on my damp or dry hair and scrunch it up as I spray. Once I finish, I just do a quick style, and lightly mist with hairspray for that extra hold to last throughout the day.
What are you Stalking this week?