Being that I am not a celebrity and don’t have a “Glamsquad” as part of my entourage that are with me every waking moment to do my makeup and hair or that I have 2 to 3 hours to sit in a chair to get the perfect look, I have to find something that works for the everyday average woman. I mean don’t get me wrong, I wish I could be like Giselle and sit back and relax as a my team makes me look flawless, but I’m not so back don’t to earth again.
I just finished reading cover to cover Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life, and one of her tips that I found really useful was her “10 Minute Face“. I found it refreshing because it really caters to us regular folks who are constantly on the run and don’t have enough time in the day. It also really spoke to me because I have been doing the “10 Minute Face” my whole working life, so it was nice to see it written down step by step.
Here is Jessica’s version:
Image Via: Lovelyish Image Via: Lovelyish
After reading and reviewing that section, I decided to write down my 10 minute beauty routine and share it with you all. But before I share it, I wanted to give you a little prep work to do before you start applying the makeup.
It’s really important to always wash your face in the morning (don’t forget nighttime too!). I usually alternate from a regular face wash to an exfoliating face wash. Normally if you do an exfoliating face wash make sure not to do more than 1-2x a week. I’m a big fan of Lush products, so I like to use their Ocean Salt scrub for exfoliation and Herbalism on regular days. Sometimes I use Burt’s Bee Radiance Facial Cleanser to change it up. I love both those brands because they are gentle on my skin and are all natural.
After I do the face wash, I spray some Tea Tree Water Toner from Lush, blot it around my face with my fingers or cotton ball and let it air dray for a few seconds. Once it’s dry, I moisturize. I usually use the Gorgeous moisturizer and let it absorb into my skin. So that’s when I usually do my hair then put on my makeup last.
My 10 Minute Makeup
1. Apply tinted moisturize with some sunscreen. I use Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer -Illuminating Broad Spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen. Eventhough the tinted moisturizer has sunscreen, I still dab some regular sunscreen too. I am currently using the Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 30. I usually will put a drop of each on the palm of my hand and mix it together and then apply all over my face using my fingertips.
2. While I let my foundation set, I fill in my eyebrows using It Cosmetics’ Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil. I then go ahead and use concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles. I am currently using Makeup Forever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream waterproof.
3. I curl my lashes using my Revlon lash curler, then use Christian Cosmetics’ Super Long Lash Treatment Mascara in Mammey Oil Black. I am currently obsessed with this mascara! You can only find it at the swapmeets for about $3-$5. It stays all day long, and makes your lashes super long.
4. I dab some NYX Rouge Cream Blush in orange on the apples of my checks and a little on the sides of my forehead.
5. Lastly, I put on some lip gloss. For a natural look, I have been using Tony Moly’s Fruit Princess Gloss. Tony Moly is a Filipino makeup brand that is usually sold at Korean beauty department stores. I came across it at a Korean galleria in Los Angeles called The Center on 6th. The have wonderful beauty products!.
Here is my finished on the go look!
The 10 Minute Face will not only save you time, but leave you looking flawless and feeling beautiful!
What are your 10 minute makeup tips and tricks?