I did some research and (since I’m a visual learner) I complied the best tips I found in this little cheat sheet I created to help you with those luscious lashes that you’ve always desired.
1. Conditioning your lashes with Vaseline or petroleum jelly before you go to sleep apparently helps your lashes grow stronger and healthier.
2. It is super important to curl your lashes before applying mascara. Do Not, I repeat, DO NOT curl your lashes after you apply mascara because it causes pulling resulting in lash breakage. Bling Eyelash Curler $1.49
3. You always have the option of priming your lashes before you put on mascara. If your lashes are weaker or thinner it is recommended to prime, but if you do not have that issue, then there is no need to. Smashbox Layer Lash Primer $18
4. Before applying mascara, make sure to blot your wand on a tissue. This helps get rid of extra product and prevent your lashes from clumping and looking like spider lashes (unless you are going for that look of course).
5. If your mascara doesn’t bend, you can carefully blend it at a 90 degree angle to help get those inner, lower lashes, & the base. Quick Tip: use a zip lock bag or face towel to wrap around the wand so your hands won’t get dirty
6. Remember not to pump your wand in the mascara tube. Instead swirl the wand and take it out slowly from the tube. This prevents your mascara from drying out and lasting longer.
7. When applying mascara, make sure to start from the base and wiggle back & forth towards the front (kinda like zigzig).
8. Finally comb your lashes after each application to get that nice flowy lashful effect. Sephora Eyelash Comb $10
Tips for Perfect Lashes
PDF Print Out
Winner will be contacted via email and will have 5 days to respond to collect their prize.
Thank you to all who participated!
We will be having another giveaway shortly so stay tuned!
Last Chance to Enter our “Love of Beauty” Makeup Bag w/ Goodies! Winner will be announced tomorrow @ 12noon.
For your chance to enter click on the picture below.
Good Luck to All!
In the spirit of gratitude, I wanted to focus on 5 things that have brought me happiness this week.
1. Cashew Nut
My little Cash is the newest addition to our family. He has been bringing us joy for the last 6 months, and we simply just adore him. When I’m having one of “those days” and need a pick me up, I just have to look at his lovely face. All he wants to do is snuggle, cuddle, and love you. You would love him too!
2. A Flying Pink Elephant
This cute little pink elephant of love was made by hunny about 4 years ago. We went to Color Me Mine one Valentine’s Day and made each other gifts. It definitely brightens my day, and it’s pink!
3. O’Dear my Deer
Sometime in October, I got this cool and chic deer at Target to hang over my fireplace in my bedroom. It was one of my first decorative pieces I bought since we moved into our new home. Every time I look at it, I get a different idea as to how I’m going to finish decorating our bedroom. It’s definitely an inspiration piece, and puts a smile on my face when I look up to see it.
4. The Metzger Sisters
So my hubby and I are big Comic-Con fans, and go every year to find new artists and cool collectible items. On one of those visits, we discovered the Metzger Sisters. I fell in love with their art especially CJ Metzger (her sister, Miss Mindy, is super awesome too). She had a print for an art piece called “Meriam’s Skin, and I snatched it up. It took me about a year to find the perfect frame for it, and it was well worth it. I had it customized with a brick red velvet border to contrast with the antique gold frame. It’s definitely one of my favorite art prints I own. It now resides in the entrance of my home office.
I found this small pink vase with the word “bloom” on it at Michaels during a clearance sale they where having. I thought it was so pretty, and it made me smile. I went in search for the perfect flowers to match, and I swear they were just waiting for me to pick them up and place in the vase. I think I spent a total of $4 on that purchase because they where both on clearance. I placed my arrangement in my jewelry cabinet as an accent piece. When I look at it, the word “bloom” always stands out and reminds me that we all need to just shine!!
What are some of your Stalks of Happiness?
Hello There Beauties!
Just a friendly reminder to enter our “Love of Beauty Makeup Bag w/ Goodies” giveaway. The winner will be announced on Friday, January 31, 2014 @ noon.
All you have to do to enter is simply click on the picture below.
May the chances be ever in your favor!
We are filled with gratitude in getting to know all of you that follow and comment on our blog. Our hearts are filled with thankfulness for all your kind words, support, and encouragement. We could not continue this blog without you all! We have gotten to make new friends and know new people which we are so ever grateful for.
Our lovely blogger friend RubyAngel711 nominated us for The Liebster Award, and we are ever so thankful. She has been so supportive and always leaves us encouraging comments on our blog posts!
We invite you to get to us know us better by checking out our ABOUT US page that we recently updated!
We also wanted to nominate the following bloggers for The Liebster Award:
1. Classy in Class
2. Beauty Adoration
3. A Little Bit of Girl Geekery
4. Apartment Wife
5. Simply Cydney
7. Take by the Lapels
8. Poutine and Prada
9. The Style Trenches
10. Yours Truly, G
Every single one of you guys are awesome!
It all started out with these pair of Modcloth Alphabet shoes that got me hooked on finding the perfect outfit to match them up with.
Did you ever make words when you ate alphabet soup as a kid? I remember getting fixated on finding all possible words I could spell and then eating them as my reward! I guess that’s where my inspiration for this weeks fashion picks came from that and my love for scrabble.
I love Asian food, so naturally when I came across this recipe I had to make it! Well more like my husband made it, and I watched and waited to eat it.
This easy to make recipe comes from Budget Bytes for Chicken Yakisoba. We followed the directions strictly to the ‘T”, with the exception of the Sriracha sauce. We are not really big fans of spicy stuff 😦
Here’s the recipe directly from the website, but you can also visit their site and see it in step by step detail.
Via: Budget Bytes
We loved how all the colors of the veggies looked together!
Here is our Yakisoba Pièce de Rèsistance! OMG, yum….
Can you say delish!
It was delicious, flavorful, inexpensive and we even had leftovers for the next day!
Inspired by our blogger friend Classy in Class‘ post called Antropologie Hacks I set out to do my very own Antropologie DIY hack.
I chose the bobbie pins because I thought they were easy to make, and I had all the materials I needed which meant I didn’t have to spend anything on it, yaaay!
All you will need for this project is the following materials:
♥ Bobbie Pins
♥ Buttons or old pieces of broken jewelry that you have lying around
♥ Glue Gun & Glue sticks
1.Put a dab of glue on the back of the button or jewelry and adhere it to the bobbie pin. 2. When you are sticking the the jeweled/button piece make sure that you open up the bobbie pin using your finger so it only sticks to one side of the pin. 3. Make sure you stick the bobbie pin as quickly as possible because the glue tends to dry pretty fast.
I used my finished creations the next day just to make sure that they dried completely. Looking back, I would have used different glue because by the end of the day 2 of the buttons came off. Maybe Gorilla glue would have been better or some other type of glue that adheres with metal.
Afterwards, I found this cool cheat sheet that tells you the type of glue to use depending on the material you are using. I wanted to share it with you all to help you with any DIY projects you are thinking of doing.
Via: Design Sponge
Overall, it was a fun experience! The best part was that my cost to make this was $0 as opposed to Anthropologie’s $24 price tag for a set of 4 hair pins.
It’s a definite DIY win!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and are feeling refreshed, renewed, and ready for a new week. We are starting the week off fresh and full of stalkworthy goodies for the month of January just for you.
1. We have two adorable little doggies and we are always looking out for the latest fashion trends for them. When we came across the American Apparel Flex Fleece Dog Zip Hoodie, we simply had to hood up our little fury ones. They have different colors available, but our favorite one is the grey w/ red stripes. Best thing about it, it’s only $20!
2. You want to shine bright like a diamond? Then you must invest in these sparkly beauties that will not only make you shine, but make you feel like a star. These Dazzling Crystallized Tights are great to wear for a special night on the town. Only thing is they do come at a steep price of $125, but they are soo worth it.
3. There is nothing like a warm bubble bath to restore you after a long hard day. We are always on the look out for bath products that will not only make us feel rested, but luxurious. Since Laura Mercier has great makeup products, her bath products won’t disappoint. That’s why we are recommending her Crème Brûlèe Honey Bath $40.
4. If you love fashion photography as much we do, then you will love Avedon:Woman. This book is a compilation of the work of photographer Richard Avedon. It’s a must have for all you Fashionistas at heart.
5. These Beaniecaps Key Caps are simply cute! Keep your keys warm for the winter just like you, and they are only $15.
6. We love Coco Chanel, so why not wear it proudly with this cool Coco Made Me Do It White T-Shirt by Urban Chic Outlet.
7. Don’t you just love the smell of old books? Well we do! We can probably spend hours or all day at the library or a book store just for the smell of it. That’s why we were so excited to find this Old Books Book Lovers’ Scented Soy Candle by Frostbeard on Etsy. For only $15 you get that nostalgic scent in the privacy of your own home. Frostbeard is a must visit because they have a variety of book themed scented candles such as Harry Potter & Game of Thrones.
8. This Lips Clutch from Nordstrom is a bargain at only $26, not to mention, it’s a perfect purse for Vday!
Let us know which is your favorite!