As much as I love smelling good, Lancome’s exclusive Le Vie est Belle reeks of excess. I mean thank you France for inventing perfume, but I think I’ll stick to our modern day invention of taking daily showers.
This $35,000 perfume comes in a Reuge musical box that plays Beautiful Days by Venus (which can be downloaded for 49¢ on iTunes) with a Baccarat crystal chandelier. The whole thing is apparently so hard to assemble that Lancome is only making 15 of them worldwide. Did I fail to mention that the perfume itself is only $58? So it’s not like you’ll be spritzing a teacher’s salary on your skin every time you go out or have diamonds on your face.
So before you whip out your Black Card and spend your 1% moola, here are 10 other things you can do with $35,000:
1. Fly first class roundtrip to Japan 10 times
2. 500 regular bottles of Lancome’s Le Vie est Belle
3. A Mercedes CLA
4. Sponsor 8 kids at 70¢ a day for 17 years
5. Catch a Cirque show in vegas 175 times
6. Stay one night in the penthouse at the Four Seasons in New York
7. Pay for wedding
8. Adopt 140 cute puppies
9. Get 155,000 Chicken McNuggets
10. Save Your Money!!